The Davenport International Cartoon Contest
(Image after Homer Davenport)
Want to Earn Some Real "Funny Money?"
Announcing the 2017 Davenport International Cartoon Contest! A festival that honors a famous Political Cartoonist seems almost naked without some kind of competition focused on that endeavor. To that end, the International Cartoon Contest has returned! Also, since we have not changed either our entry fees or our prizes in over 30 years, we have sweetened the pot somewhat. Here are the official rules:
The work will be judged in three categories: Artistic skill, clearly implied message, and the cartoon’s over all appeal. All prizes will be determined by a blue ribbon panel of judges, with five special "Peoples Choice" awards determined by popular vote. Winners will be announced Sunday afternoon at the festival, and announced online at the "Homer Page." Entries will be prominently displayed in Silverton during the Homer Davenport Community Festival, (August 4 through 6, 2017).
- Anyone may enter the contest.
- Grand Prize: $750 * First: $500 * Second: $300 * Third: $200 * (5) People’s Choice: Ribbon
- You may submit as many entries as you wish, but each entry must be accompanied by its own entry blank and fee.
- The entry fee is $25.00 (US Dollars), for each cartoon entered.* Please make checks, money orders or bank drafts to: "Homer Davenport Community Festival."
(* Note: Entries without an entry fee may be displayed, but will not be judged or be eligible for a prize.)
- Entry deadline: All entries must be received by 5:00 pm Friday, July 28, 2017. (Official entry forms on the back of the Rules.)
- Your entry must be original and unpublished. (Good copies of the original are acceptable.)
- You may pick up your entry after the contest is over. (Include a SASE with sufficient postage if you would like us to mail your entry back to you.)
- Maximum Size: 8 1/2” by 11”; (21.59 x 27.94 cm), either horizonal or vertical format.
- Subject: Contemporary political, economic and social ideas of interest; an "Editorial Cartoon."
- Libelous, slanderous, racist, sexist or salacious entries will not be accepted.
- All copyrights remain with the artist, while HDCF retains publication rights for future cartoon contest anthologies.
Click the PDF icon below to download a copy of the Contest Rules and entry forms.
The Homer Page